Tuesday, May 08, 2007

coming together

After some trying years, the front yard garden design has really come together. It was truly a collaborative effort: J and I, with the help of informed sources (her mom and Sara Stein), were able to create something that makes us both happy. The kids are involved, too. They see how happy we are to plant together and they want to be involved. They have their own tools and are all too eager to carry around pots of perennials and set them down on their designated places.

Purpleleaf Sandcherry


I've recently learned of one more Sara Stein book that she wrote, before her death in 2005, called Noah's Children: Restoring the Ecology of Childhood. I must read. I'll see if the library has it, or if they don't I have to see if they'll order it for me.

No comments: